Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful

I don't often forget to be thankful for what I have, but this year, especially this year, I'm more grateful than ever.

It's been a big year.

I'm so thankful that we were able to stay in one place. We have moved pretty regularly over the last seven years. I know we aren't done moving yet, we have at least one more move in our future, but for this moment, we are here. 

Being here feels good.

We are finally home. 

Because of that, my sweet Tee was able to stay in the school two years in a row. That seems like such a simple thing. We just went to her school conferences, and though we are always met with good reports on her academics, there are often worries over her behavior. And beyond that, she hadn't been happy.

This year, though? She was blessed with the most amazing teacher who accepts her just the way she is. Allows her to be chatty and social, and teaches her to use those traits in a positive way. That's all it took, an accepting teacher who could see the real her. And she is SO happy. She has friends who she loves, she's not the "new" kid, she feels like she belongs. I am SO thankful.

I am so thankful that my sweet Bam has blossomed. His speech has improved, his vision has been helped tremendously by his glasses, and for the first time in his life he has started to sing! This is HUGE. For years, he would cry and cover his ears anytime I tried to sing him a nursery rhyme, we weren't able to listen to the radio in the car because he couldn't handle the sound. But now? He sings along! Actually sings. He dances. He smiles. He still will have moments when he is frustrated and sounds bother him, and he still can't handle it being too loud, but for the most part, we have turned a huge corner. I am SO thankful.

Then there is my darling Gray. I am so thankful she is here and she is healthy and oh so happy! She is a constant joy in our lives. I had no idea we were missing anything until I looked into her eyes. She's just such a wonderful, happy baby. She was the baby I had been praying for. Had things happened the way I had intended, she would be three years old now. I don't know why it took so long for her to come into our lives, but I can promise you that she is beyond worth the wait. I am SO thankful.

I am thankful that I have a husband who works so hard to provide for us so that I can stay home and care for our kids the way I want to, and so that I can continue on in my college education. He's so supportive, coming home from a long work day to take the baby so I can pour over my books, most of the time coming home to a messy kitchen and a cold dinner. He has been my rock and my shoulder to lean on in my breastfeeding journey with Gray. I have not had the mound of support I had anticipated or had envisioned when it came to nursing her from other areas of my life, but he was in my corner all the way. 

He's always been in my corner, backing me all the way with every crazy idea or dream I've had. He truly is my partner and soul mate. I am SO thankful.

I'm thankful that my mother has remained in my life, no matter what. I'm thankful for each of my three brothers, near and far, they are always close to my heart. I'm thankful for my extended family, my grandmothers, my cousins, aunts and uncles, all of my dear friends, my husband's entire family.

We are blessed to be loved by so many wonderful people.

I'm just thankful. For it all. Every second of it. The good and the bad. The ups and the downs of this past year were extreme, but through all of it, through God, we are here and standing.

For that, I am SO thankful.

Love each other this holiday season. Be the good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment