Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

2014

Hello, 2014!

I realize that life doesn't exactly start fresh when the ball drops,  but for us, this year, it felt like it. 2013 was a year full of changes, challenges, and heartbreak. We lost two very important people to our family and it has shaken all of us to our core. We dealt with job loss and financial woes. Overall, it was a terrible, terrible year.

We were happy and ready to put 2013 behind us, hoping and praying that 2014 would be filled with wonderful things!

And so far...it has!

We welcomed our sweet baby girl into the world on January 4. She is beautiful and amazing and has added excitement and joy into our house.

She has also added exhaustion and lack of alone time for mommy, but hey, who needs any of that, right?

In all honesty, I LOVE the newborn stage. Truly, I do! Sure, getting up to feed the little one throughout the night isn't glamorous, but I don't mind doing it. She's almost two weeks old now, and we are starting to get into a groove. The immediate wave of exhaustion has subsided and I'm pretty content with the lack of sleep. This stage passes SO quickly and I'm trying to treasure every single second of it!

With the big kids in school, it's just me and the little girls during the day. We are still trying to get in a groove. I'm still trying to balance my schoolwork and my business with my girls, and I've put almost everything aside so that the girls and I can bond together. The transition when you add a new family member is sometimes challenging, and my sweet Gray has needed a bit extra time to get used to her new little sister. But we are getting there! Slowly but surely, we are finding our footing and getting in a groove.

Besides the challenges that come with having four kids...I truly am deliriously happy right now. This little girl is pure bliss, and our family feels more complete than it ever has. The hubs and I are truly blessed!

So far, 2014 has been just as wonderful as I had imagined it would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment