Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

Easy

The school year has started, the big kids are in school, I'm taking online classes, and me and the little one are still figuring out our days.

It is odd to be suddenly alone with just one child throughout the day.

We are still working out our routine. We spend a lot of time cuddling, a lot of time nursing, and a lot of time laughing. We enjoy lunch together, she typically steals all of my breakfast, and she's started napping early in the morning which gives me some time to work on homework.

It's quiet here. Not something I'm used to. We wait as patiently as we can for the clock to tick the hours away so we can pick up her big brother and big sister from school. Oh how she misses them! She squeals with delight when she sees them get into the car after school. The love they all have together is incredible.

It feels easy, for the moment. I'm sort of sitting around waiting for the other shoe to drop. Is this wonderful easy feeling our reward for the hectic summer full of questions? I suppose I shouldn't look at this ease so unkindly. I should revel in this moment, allow it to be and exist, let the worry slip away.

The chaos is coming, though.

With that...our big news! Baby #4 is due in January!

So my easy mornings with Gray are soon to fade, and we will share our time with her little sibling.

With this sudden ease has come a feeling of peace. As we recover from the unexpected blows of the summer, things are far from truly peaceful. But at the same time, I'm content. I'm happy. Our family is growing, in ways we never expected, and in ways we are truly blessed to experience.

I feel GOOD. Right here, right now, in this moment. It feels GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment