Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Awesome

I watch them sit together on the floor of our living room.

One, two, three.

Giggling, playing, being together.

That's what I had envisioned.

Right there in that moment.

This was it.

This was the family life I had dreamed of.

Sitting on the couch, cuddling with my husband, the dog curled up at my feet, watching our three children play together.

Wow.

This is real.

Every part of this is happening, right now, right here.

And there are moments of excruciating frustration that I'm not enough, I'm not doing enough, I'm not being enough.

And then there are moments like this, where I know it doesn't matter.

I'm raising three pretty awesome people.

Even when I burn dinner, or I forget to wash the favorite pair of jean leggings, or I didn't make the kid read before she went to bed so we had to wake up at the crack of dawn to get the reading done so she didn't lose a chance to get her ticket pulled...whatever that means...

They are three pretty awesome people, and this is a pretty awesome life.

Embracing rather than worrying and regretting.

Linking up with Just Write

No comments:

Post a Comment